Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association (BPVA) stakes on sustainable growth of the solar business.
We are committed to adopt the German development model in Bulgaria. It characterizes with moderate, but stable growth of the installed RES capacities.
According to the Bulgarian Photovoltaic Association Bulgaria has the potential to fulfill its commitments to the EU – to achieve 16% share of renewable energy sources in the gross end energy consumption in 2020. The utilization of the solar radiation is therefore essential.
Bulgaria will create a whole new branch in its economy and hundreds of new jobs supporting the photovoltaic sector. If the country succeeds to surpass the set 16% energy production share from RES by 2020, it could trade with the surplus quotas and sell them to countries that have not managed to accomplish the set goals.
BPVA’s approach, to follow the German model, has a number of advantages:
- this model has proved its unquestionable asset
- a so called “Corridor model” is being implemented – the preferential tariff is bonded with the volume of the installed solar capacities during the year
- transparency and predictability from the investors’ point of view and about the development of the energy transmission network
- controlled annual price increase for the end users due to the installed new photovoltaic capacities; this price increase is negligibly small
- support for the development of small-size rooftop solar systems that is stimulating small-scale entrepreneurs and is creating new jobs
- conditions for the emergence of new production capacities are set